Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Crockpot Pork Carnitas and Cilantro Lime Rice

Tastes even better than it looks! I know my blog has been a lot more "or something" than sewing lately.  I hope to get back to more sewing soon, but for now here's a really yummy recipe I made this evening!
Crockpot Pork Carnitas
Ingredients:
2-3 lb pork tenderloin roast (trim off the fat, it should be pretty lean though)
1 can salsa verde sauce (I found Hernandez brand at the grocery store)
1 can diced green chilis
1/4 cup of chopped onion
1 can of rotel (I used mild for the kids, but mexican would be good)
1/2 the juice of a lime
1/4 tsp of cumin
1/4 tsp of salt
1/8 tsp of chili powder
Rub tenderloin with seasonings.  Place in crockpot and put the rest of the ingredients on top.  Simmer 8-9 hrs on low until pork is shredded.
















When done, I scrape off most of the sauce and put the tenderloin in its own bowl and shred it.






















I scoop out the sauce from the crockpot and put in a separate bowl since only my husband and I add that to our tacos.


























To add as toppings to our tacos I use cilantro, cheese, sour cream and salsa.  I also made Cilantro Lime Rice, which I will tell you the recipe for below.






















I like corn tortillas but the rest of the family uses flour.




























Cilantro Lime Rice

I have looked all over the internet for recipes similar to Chipotle's because I love their Cilantro Lime Rice.  The one I ended up with is from Skinny and it's pretty dang close!  I loved it!

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup long grain rice
  • 1/2 lime, juice of
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 3 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
  • 3 tsp vegetable oil
In a small  pot, add rice, water, 1 tsp oil and salt. Boil on high until most of the water evaporates. When the water just skims the top of the rice, reduce to low and cover about 15 minutes. Shut off flame and keep covered an additional 5 minute.

In a medium bowl, combine chopped cilantro, lime juice, rice and remaining oil and toss until completely mixed.























Overall a DELICIOUS MEAL!!  Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment